A mandatory step in setting up your account is merging duplicate engineer profiles. Doing this, your engineers' work is reflected holistically and accurately if they use multiple identities to do their work.
Mandatory/Required action to take (recurring step each week for +100 engineers)
You can choose one of two ways to merge engineers’ profiles in Waydev.
You can merge the profiles by using the Merge Suggestions option. This option will automatically give you engineers’ profiles that have similar or identical names or emails.
Step 1: Navigate to Teams Management in the Setup section
Step 2: Click on the Merge Suggestions button.
- Step 3: After the modal with potential matches appears on the screen, select the engineer profile you want to merge by clicking on their name on the left column
- Step 4: Once you select an engineer, profiles with similar/ identical names or email addresses will appear on the right side. Select the engineer profiles you want to merge by simply clicking on them (or Select all if it’s the case).
- Step 5: Click Merge Selected and choose whether you want to include the merged profile in the metrics or not.
If you do not want to use the Merge Suggestions option, you can merge the engineer profiles directly from the Teams Management page by simply selecting the engineer profiles you want to merge.
- Step 1: Select the profiles you want to merge by clicking their corresponding checkboxes.
- Step 2: Click the Merge Selected button.
- Step 3: The Merge modal will appear on your screen, including the profiles you selected. Click the Merge Selected button from the upper right-hand side and select whether you want to include the merged profile in the metrics.
Updated 7 months ago