The updated "Targets" help you translate uncovered opportunities to action by setting measurable targets within Waydev, visualizing and tracking progress to hit all your goals. You can set targets for each metric and improve the effectiveness of your teams for each category of metrics: culture, activity, and efficiency.
To set targets, navigate to "Benchmarking" in the side-bar menu and click "Targets."
Add a value for each metric by typing it in or with the help of the arrows. For each metric, there is a suggested value if you hover over it.
The set of metrics in each category are:
- Follow-on Commits - the number of code revisions once a Pull Request is opened for review.
- Knowledge Sharing Index - measures how broadly information is being shared amongst a team by looking at who is reviewing whose PRs.
- Reviewer comments / PR - the number of reviewer comments per Pull Request.
- Thoroughly reviewed PRs - calculated by dividing the total number of thoroughly reviewed merged pull requests by the total number of merged pull requests an individual or team was involved in.
- Time to first comment - the time between when a Pull Request is opened and when the first engineer comments.
- Unreviewed PRs - the percentage of pull requests submitted that have no reviews (comments from assigned reviewers or simple approvals).
- Commits per active day - the average number of commits an engineer makes in an active day (any day when a developer committed code)
- Efficiency - the percentage of all code contributions excluding Churn.
- Iterated PRs - the percentage of merged pull requests that have at least one follow-on commit made (any commit made after the initial pull request was created).
- PR Iteration Time - the average elapsed time between the first pull request comment (excluding the pull request submitter) and the final commit made on the pull request before being resolved.
- Time to merge - the average elapsed time between the pull request creation and the pull request merging.
Keeping track of targets
To keep track of these targets, check each metric’s Graph in the Dashboard. This is only displayed in Graphs.
To add Graphs for each metric you've set targets for, select Customize, in the Dashboards section from the menu.
Create a new dashboard by clicking “New Dashboard” or edit an existing dashboard.
Click Add Widget and select Blank Widget.
Select "Graph" and then select the metric/s you've set up a target for.
After you configure your graph, click "Save", and the graph will appear in the Dashboard, with guidance lines that indicate the targets you've set.
Updated 6 days ago